For students from a wide range of disciplines, to obtain professional
experience at UNESCO Headquarters and Field Offices worldwide during a
1- to 4-month internship. Depending on qualifications, these internships
relate either to UNESCO's strategic activities or to administrative or
- Academic qualifications and fields of interest: Internships are
exclusively reserved for students pursuing a graduate or postgraduate
degree programme (second university degree or higher) or
- As graduate or post-graduate students, you must have already
completed a Bachelorís degree (or equivalent) and be completing at least
a Masterís degree at the time of application. Should your studies not be
divided into undergraduate and graduate stages, you must have already
completed at least 3 years of full time studies at a University or
equivalent institution and be in your 4th year of full time studies
towards a same diploma.
- Candidates pursuing technical/professional studies must be enrolled
in the last year of their graduate studies. Secretarial students, should
more precisely be in the last year of their bilingual school
(French/English) for any internship at Headquarters.
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written knowledge of one of the two
working languages, English or French.
- For secretarial or assistant internship assignments at UNESCO
Headquarters and Field Offices, excellent spoken or written knowledge of
one of the two working languages, English or French, and a good
knowledge of the other language may be required.
- Computer skills: Ability to use office-related software (MS Office).
- Attitude: An awareness of the many facets of a multicultural world
and a commitment to international public service are essential.
- Availability: The duration of an internship must be between one and
Note: Please, do not contact us regarding these internships. We are not affiliated with the sponsoring organizations and
therefore have no additional information. Sometimes the link is changed for the internships. When this happens, go to the
home page of the organizers to locate information on it or contact the organization directly. Convergence Media, Inc. can not confirm the
accuracy of the internships listed. We are providing them as a service to our website visitors.
The Multicultural Advantage Internship Center maintains a constantly updated listing of a wide variety of internship programs.
To view current internship listings:
Visit the Internship Center